Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 PDF Download
Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 PDF download link is available below in the article, download PDF of Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 using the direct link given at the bottom of content.
0 People Like This
Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 PDF
Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Hello, Friends today we are sharing with you Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 PDF to help all of you. If you are searching Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 in PDF format then don’t worry you have arrived at the right website and you can directly download it from the link given at the bottom of this page. It is an Act to consolidate the laws relating to food and to establish the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India for laying down science-based standards for articles of food and regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale, and import, to ensure the availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India. FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety. The Food Safety and Standards Act (FSS), 2006 is the primary law for the regulation of food products. This act also sets up the formulation and enforcement of food safety standards in India.
Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
The Act basically covers all kinds of food that is consumed by human beings. Most food items including unprocessed/semi-processed/processed foods are covered under this act. It also includes genetically engineered foods, all kinds of substances, and water that is used in the preparation of food.
Packaged juices, drinking water, infant food, alcohol-based drinks, chewing gums, and all other primary foods are covered by the FSSAI Act. Here, it is important to mention that, the Act considers live animals or products of agriculture, horticulture, or animal husbandry as food only when it has already been passed on from the hands of a farmer.
The Food Safety and Standards Act is applicable to all persons who are manufacturing, producing, selling, or handling food that is meant for human consumption.
Basic Safety Standards for food
- The Food Safety and Standards Act has a few regulations mentioned which need to be followed by Food Business Operators
- The regulations under the act basically allow or prohibit the inclusion of substances in food that is meant for human consumption
- The Food Safety and Standards Act expressly prohibits the inclusion of harmful substances such as insecticides in food
- The Act also mentions clearly that no article of food shall contain any contaminant, naturally occurring toxic substances or toxins, hormones, heavy metals, insecticide and pesticide residues, veterinary drug residues, antibiotic residues, solvent residues, pharmacologically active substances, and microbiological counts in excess of tolerance limit as mentioned in the regulations as well
- The act mentions that, if it is a novel, genetically-modified article of food, irradiated food, organic food, foods for special dietary uses, functional foods, nutraceuticals, health supplements, proprietary foods, etc. it cannot be manufactured, distributed, sold or imported into India. Only those that the regulations and provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act allow can be possible
- The Act mandates special labeling for different kinds of food and Food Business Operators are to adhere to these requirements strictly
- If food is imported, there are other specific requirements that are to be followed
You can download the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 PDF using the link given below.
Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 PDF Download Link
1 PDF(s) attached to Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
REPORT THISIf the purchase / download link of Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 PDF is not working or you feel any other problem with it, please REPORT IT by selecting the appropriate action such as copyright material / promotion content / link is broken etc. If Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 is a copyright material we will not be providing its PDF or any source for downloading at any cost.